- To prevent lost time: on using the most effective medication first, not last
- ADHD, Accidents, and Premature Death
- How lithium helps prevent suicide: one patient’s experience
- Psychopharmacology Made Simple: What’s it like when an SSRI[i] works?
- Psychopharmacology Made Simple: What’s it like when Wellbutrin works?
Monthly Archives: March 2015
Lithium induced subclinical hypothyroidism Definition: elevated TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) in a lithium treated patient, with normal T4 and T3 Prevalence: 6-52% in 11 reports (UptoDate Lithium and the Thyroid, accessed 3.8.2015), average 20-30% Odds ratio for hypothyroidism on lithium: … Continue reading
Lithium, hypercalcemia (increased serum calcium), and hyperparathyroidism or What to do when you’re stable on lithium and your calcium level is high? Lithium therapy increases the prevalence of hypercalcemia and hyperparathyroidism (http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/full/10.1176/appi.ajp.2013.13081057): 1. 10% absolute risk in 730 lithium-treated patients … Continue reading